The scything course will be held on the weekend of the Scything competition,
The course includes learning how to:
- Set up the scythe ready for mowing
- Mow efficiently and effectively
- Hone the blade to keep it sharp while cutting
- Peen the blade after it has been worn down by countless amounts of honing
- You will also find out how to cure the cut grass to make hay and about grassland management and making hay.
Then have a go at the quarter acre cup 🙂
The cost is £60 per person and is available on the following date: 24th June 2017. The course is for a maximum of 12 participants depending on numbers, from 10am–4pm. Tea, & coffee will be provided, lunch can be purchased from the restaurant. Please wear suitable clothing and boots and arrive at 9.30am for a prompt 10am start.
The course is always popular so early booking is recommended. Tel: 0844 249 1895 (7 days a week 9am—5.30pm) or via the box office online
Also see link for other information on other courses, competitions and the use of the scythe Scythe Association